1005 Design has developed inspiration boards for each of our backsplash design and finishes. These boards can give you some great ideas when you are remodeling or even just sprucing up your kitchen. Our first board goes along with current events and the Olympics. We will be publishing a new board each week so check back for more!
Inspiration Board – Stainless Steel Brush – It’s British
If you take one quick peek at this board you will know that is has been designed around the British theme. Inspired by the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, this board seemed like a good spring board to the rest of our 1005 Design boards. The design is centered around the Stainless Steel Brush pattern. The paint colors suggested come from Benjamin Moore: deep rose, sapphire ice, and ice mist. These colors can be used based on your preference and decor as wall color, cabinet color, or accent pieces. You can click on any of the products below to see where you can purchase them.
1. The stainless steel brush backsplash is a great neutral piece that brings an extra design touch to your kitchen without having to be the center of attention. Like in this example, where we are bringing a lot of powerful items and colors into the room, and they all work well with the versatile stainless steel brush. Learn more about 1005 Design’s Stainless Steel look Brush Backsplash.
2. The phone booth is the ultimate symbol of British culture. This wall cabinet is stylish and a completely unique addition to the kitchen.
3. The name sake of the board. This cute designer cupcake kit makes a great display piece. Learn More
4. Who has heard of Doctor Who? It is a British television show that started in the ’60s. The TARDIS is the time traveling machine used in the show. Everyone needs cookies that are out of space and time, and of course it is bigger on the inside.
5. Big Ben and the Double-decker bus – need I say more. This framed poster will look great on a nice red wall.
6. Stainless steel sinks aren’t my favorite, but for this kitchen it is a must. I have asked around about the pull-down faucets and have heard they are not breaking easily like I thought my might. So it is time to give one a try.
7. Themed canisters on the counter bring the theme into the kitchen area.
8. For some pieces, like the dishes, you might not want to go overboard but a nice blue dinnerware set is perfect.
9. Salt and pepper shakers are very collectable items so it is no surprise they make a pair of telephone booths.
10. Wine racks are a great kitchen accent piece. Can you believe there is one out there shaped like Big Ben?
11. There are two options for your cabinets: 1.If you have the budget, there are functional and great looking cabinets at this great home store. 2. If you just want to use one of the selected paint colors you can paint your cabinets to go with the design. But it is a must to add these Union Jack pulls.
12. I searched and searched for a Union Jack rug. They are all too bright and that was just not the look this kitchen was going for. So I found this blog that had a great rug that they painted. So here I am suggesting a DIY project. Since the flag is pretty simple it might be a great start that inspires you to further rug painting.
13. From this year’s jubilee a literal British tea cup.
14. Flooring may not be something you can update right now, but a white tile would bring the design full circle. I wanted a subway tile for the floor, but also like this white tile.
15. Clean-up with a simple red dishtowel.
16. SPLURGE ALERT! Every British citizen of the countryside wants to own a AGA Cooker. These always-on cookers are not cheap, but they are a very coveted item in the UK.
17. Great little touch for the corner of your breakfast nook. Don’t have a breakfast nook for these stacked suitcases? Then they might not go great in the kitchen.
18. Trying to cover all the bases, the last item is a Tower of London teapot.