The medallion formed at the connection of the tiles on the backsplash panel brings the Mediterranean to mind. Combining the blue sea with a joyous yellow you find the smoothing harmony that a family kitchen can bring. The paint colors featured in this board are from Sherwin Williams: Almalfi blue, Anjou Pear yellow, and Fireweed
1. The inspiration for this kitchen is the Copper Tile backsplash. The color of the panel harmonizes with the selected colors.
2. These great drapes were my favorite find. By being extra long you can use them on your sliding glass doors or hem them for smaller windows as well.
3. Lighting plays an important role in Mediterranean design. Use bright beads and glass to make a statement.
4. Van Gogh being my favorite artist and the two colors on the palette made me instantly think of Van Gogh’s Blossoming Almond Tree.
6. One trend in kitchen seating is using benched seating on at least one side of your table. This anchors the table to a wall or corner and gives more of a cozy, family focused dinning experience. When you think of bench seating you don’t find anything more successful than this bench.
7. Finally, canisters you will love to have sitting on your counter.
8. These wall tiles are mirrored tiles. Mirrors are a popular Mediterranean design feature. The small size of the tiles allows them to be arranged on a variety of empty wall areas.
9. Great dish towels with the design and color found in the drapes.
10. Using a variety of wood finishes in this kitchen design is not uncommon. If cabinets are older, you can paint them. This example shows more of a Contemporary cabinet which brightens-up, modernizes the Mediterranean feel.
11. These little stone pebble tiles make a great accent around the edges of the tile or in a pattern on the floor.
12. Patchwork Turkish rugs are unique and beautiful. When we stopped in Turkey on a cruise they had so many of these brightly colored rugs in their market. The colors are amazing and the mixture of patterns seem to have a story to tell. This rug was my second favorite find for the board.
13. Tile flooring is a must for a Mediterranean kitchen
16. Turkish tea sets are beautiful and if you have a place to display this it is a great accent.
17. And Finally, these hanging plates tie together all the colors in the kitchen.